Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Reading Post #1

I am currently reading Stephenie Meyer's The Host. I enjoy reading this book because it is slightly realistic but at the same time not. I am posting about abusive relationships. In the book the relationship between the host, Mel, and Jared is not abusive but in the beginning the relationship between the soul, Wanda, and Jared is. Wanda explains, "..., his arm shot out and the back of his hand smashed into the side of my face" (Meyer 132). There are other occasions in which Jared hits Wanda but this was the first time that Jared had hit her. Mel refuses to accept that Jared will keep hitting her and that determination helps her. In books the relationship gets better. Often times in life there is rarely a happy ending like in books. I'm sure most of you have heard about the relationship between Rhianna and Chris Brown. That is a perfect example of a real life situation without a happy ending. For those of you who have read The Host, you understand why Jared hates Wanda. If you haven't read this book yet I refuse to ruin the entire book for you, you'll have to read it yourself.

No comments: